Thursday 16 April 2009

Jack Tweed!

Bad boy Jack Tweed has been in the media again this week for finally being sent to prison for twelve weeks for assaulting a taxi driver. I am not sure what everyone else thinks of this situation. I am thinking why was Jack able to have his curfew extended for his wedding night, and now have his jail sentence reduced due to the loss of his wife Jade? Would the courts have done this for anyone else who was not in the public eye? I know Jack has had a terrible time of late, however, I am sure that there have been other people convicted and sentenced for crimes who have been in a similar situation. Unfortunately losing loved ones either before or after their conviction. What makes Jack any different? Being a celebrity should not change anything. It amazes me how someone already on licence, fitted with an electronic tag by the police for a previous offence, commits another crime and only gets twelve weeks in prison. Jack claims his anger was alcohol fuelled, like most incidents that still occur on a Friday or Saturday night still are, this does not excuse his actions. As I have said in previous blogs, if you cannot handle alcohol then do not over indulge. I believe it is unfair for him to be given a shorter sentence than other people who have committed similar crimes.



No comments:

Post a Comment