Monday 4 May 2009

Response to Questionnaire!

Age: 23

Sex: Female

Degree: English

I don’t think the ‘Being Bad’ module related very well to the other modules I am studying at the moment, as there was no actual connection to English. However, that is not to say that I haven’t enjoyed the module.
I think the ‘Being Bad’ module is an appropriate level and I don’t think it was too demanding or too easy.

The topics covered within the module were interesting and appropriate. There are no other topics that I think would have improved the overall module.

The format of the classes worked well, and the module team were great!

Overall the module worked well with a mixture of small discussions and large group debates. I don’t believe there is any need for improvement.

I definitely think interdisciplinary modules are a good idea as they improve your way of thinking and approaching certain subjects. They also test how well you work outside of lectures, as this module required you to develop your own way of thinking and then support it. I have benefited from this module overall.

I would most certainly recommend the ‘Being Bad’ module to a friend, however, I am unsure if I would like to take the follow up module PH2004.

The blogs are a great idea. It makes a change from continually being assessed by writing essays or taking exams. They also test your dedication to work outside of University, as you have to maintain them throughout the module in your own time.

I think it may have been a good idea to have had another longer form of assessment alongside the blogs, rather than two shorter ones. Either a 1200 word essay or a 1200 creative writing piece of your choice. 600 words is a short amount of words to express, develop and back up your ideas on your chosen question. I did not really enjoy the creative writing piece, as I found it difficult to support my thoughts, ideas and story with credible sources.

Overall, I have really enjoyed the module and I don’t think any of the topics were a waste of time. I wouldn’t say that I have learnt anything new in this module as I have in other modules, although I don’t think that was the general aim of ‘Being Bad’.

No comments:

Post a Comment