Monday 23 March 2009

Dangerous Driving!


Ok, so I am not denying that we all fail to stick to the correct speed limit at times. I am one of them. This is inevitable as if we all travelled at 30mph all of the time we would never get anywhere. However, I do not agree with people driving at stupid speeds. I cannot believe a driver who admitted to driving at 105mph on a 50mph road escaped a prison sentence. I understand he did not hurt anyone in the process of driving this fast, although, he could have quite easily. Is there any need to exceed the speed limit that much? The only reason he managed to escape a prison sentence was due to the police being unable to prove the car he was driving had been modified to travel at a speed of 173mph, which he was accused of doing. They were unable to prove this, as the car had been sold abroad after the incident occurred, what a coincidence! Admittedly the police equipment used was open to human error, but seriously could the equipment have really been that much out?

I think that driving even at the speed the man admitted to doing was incredibly dangerous, irresponsible and immoral. Why do people need to drive that fast? I believe it is simply to show off and to illustrate the power of their precious car. If people wish to drive at dangerous speeds there are appropriate race tracks available that provide for this need. According to an article I found in a Los Angeles Paper, testosterone plays a large part in dangerous driving with men, similar to that of road rage. I agree with this article as men seem to use the road as a playground to demonstrate their masculinity. I am not saying that some women don’t do the same because I am sure they do, however, research shows that men are more likely to drive dangerously than women. Women tend to do stupid irresponsible things like attempting to drive in 6 inch killer heels, which results in them being unable to drive correctly. I am not one of them by the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment